Open Mic Night vs "Battle of The Bands"

Once Upon A time...

That's freedom right there. the intro, the in door, the opening. 
.....

Battle of The bands.  Im not in a band.  I don't want to talk to them  They can play.  I'm a wreck  I get to
listen.  They should put me in he fucking zoo.  Or let me just do my thing.  I'm going Pro.  Fuck this.  I get in "fights", which are basically beatings at ehses types of events.  I usually show up to them very shy and inadequate feeling, jealousy comes in pretty quick, and the pressure to drink A FUCKTON, kicks in like a the ending lyrics in a little song.  I criticize stuff too much.  The stuff I listened to in the way back kicks the crap outta the stuff nowadays.  But maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not "in the know" right now.  Maybe I'm not on the same page as everybody else.  But wait.  I had to get off their trains.  I cannot be a cheerleader anymore, nor mascot, nor clown prince for them, for my own ways must BE Committed, and my ART must be shown, my voice, made loud and words shall come alive.  NOT drowned by booze and self disgust.  Not extinguished by hate and tranished by the hunt of lust.   We all want the same things.  I cannot change the land upon which I walk.  I cannot change the brains around me, only mine.  I must liberate the self.  To nothingness with the rest of the noises that i hear.  I hear other persons ways of winning and am denying the warmth of the self brought forth divinely from the universe, and given to me by my sheer existence and ability to either accept or deny it.  I accept it.  It is a heavy bag, a heavy bag indeed.  The things that have happened  can learn to forgive and roll on like wheels on fire, or will o the wisps running over valleys and hills in the warm night air. 

Excuse me.
This is a Brick Wall.  It is 102 Miles Thick, sir.
This is a brick wall.

Stop before you hit it.

Open Mic Night on the other hand, I dunno, I guess that you gotta start somewhere and my friends are

getting quite sick of telling me about chances that i continually fuck up or miss due to the fact that it takes

money, time and other shit to get to a place that i can do that at.  Lake County has no  places for free form

expression and stuff.  I do not want to perform any place around here.  I don't have the guts.  I'm chicken. If

someone from Lake County said that they wanted me to perform or what not, I shouldn't trust them.  I need

security.  Did you see what somneone did to Leona Lewis??  AT A BOOK SIGNING???  You think,

"okay book signing, nice and SAFE", right???  WRONGO.  What the fuck??  I mean, she's mainstream,

but she don't need to get all beat up and shit.  Violence is stupid.  Old ass thought is stupid too.  Volence is

old and stupid and should be replaced with ART THERAPY.  I want LUNCH, DAMNIT, and I'm making

It fuck this.   Oh lunch. 

Respect Your Limitations.

Expand Your Horizons.

Tell the truth, even if it's crooked, recovering and coming down, be honest through fiction.  Only you know

what YOU Know.

ya know?

Create.  In the face of diversity.  Destroy, the old old ways.  Records that skip should be broken and

tossed.  To fill up the voids.

or recycled,  or whatever you neeed to do with them so that YOU can do something for YOU. 

Not THEM.

-om-

101809

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCOUNTER - SHADOWS AND CAPED CRUSADERS

The Nexus Key

Oliver C. Mattson and Robbie Rist RE-start A Production Company