Questions For the Sky (c) 1999/ 2010 oliver mattson

my children's story (that i'm storyboarding) from 99.

Questions for the Sky By Oliver C. Mattson


A boy walked from his home to the top of a tall hill, above him in the sky was a light rain. It fell warm and fell still. the sky was covered with
bright gray. Behind all the clouds was the Sun who had not gone away, But was hiding behind a blanket today, it needed a nap before it could come out to play, so he didn't ask the Sun any questions that day.



But the boy asked the wind, "Wind, why do you blow"" and the wind replied, "Because I push the air around from here over to there, I bring around the clouds to places that need help with rain. I keep the air fresh. so all the people don't complain. I keep pollen and seeds moving that are so small, people can't see.  So that the world will be full of plants, flowers and trees.  I help water, and fishes and streams some days I'm here, and some days I'm there. I have to keep moving so that I can share.  I keep blowing and turning and moving the air.

The boy said "Thank you wind, I now know what you do, and now I can better appreciate you". With that, the wind went by, and the rain still fell and
the boy smiled, and he waived his red hat in the air for awhile.


The boy asked the rain, "Rain, why do you fall? The rain said "because, everything that's alive needs water, plants, animals, the ground; people, you, and your family, and everything around, the trees, and the flowers, the fish and the sea: the wind and even the rain. I need me the sun is warm and makes things dry, so bright it shines, up in the sky, it heats up the water, and it evaporates, and the vapors turn into clouds, ain't that p great`? The wind stirs me up and moves the clouds around, I sprinkle the rain all over the ground, when the ground wants more water'cause it's really, really dry, well, that's when all the thunder and lightning come out of the sky so the rain will fall down,
both-here and there, sometimes it needs a little scare. I bring life to the planet, that's what I do".

The boy said "Thank you rain I know now what you do, now I can better appreciate you." With that the boy once more removed his red hat and waved it towards the sky, the rain fell, the wind blew, and the boy walked back home.   



The end.


(c)

1999 / 2010 by Oliver Mattson

All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCOUNTER - SHADOWS AND CAPED CRUSADERS

The Nexus Key

Oliver C. Mattson and Robbie Rist RE-start A Production Company