There's no time anymore. 

no time to go take a little ride out a ways to go and pick up games.

not since GameStop came in.  Why go out to Calpella when ./...

 I hear this from Parents at the GameStop....

"Oh just hurry up and pick something, or get what you're getting ... we need to go to WalMart, or Verizon, or Starbucks... ". 

 which are

conveniently located within a couple blocks of GameStop.

No More stopping for coffee  on the way out to go pick up a Gameboy Cartridge.

No more stopping by what used to be the old arcade and Laundry to drop a quarter in an old but still

kicking Pac Man machine.  I can hear the sound in my head, and see the worn overlay under the joystick. 


Traveling out to Werner's House of Games was a nice little ...  a trip.  a dedicated break. 

It was the smile on his face when i saw him every time, and the joy in his voice and his laughter and our

joking.  Sometimes I'd go out there and relax and party.  My ex-wife and I used to go over there and party

and goof off.  Over the last three years, since I moved back to Mendocino, i had been spending more and

more time with him.  I wish i had spent more.  It was my full and just intention of providing him with

flyers and the footwork to put the flyers up and out.  I was also going to get a cell phone to take in orders

for games and set up sales.  I was working at a friends house doing dishes and cobwebs and sweeping

and the like for extra money to help with food and bills at my mom's house, and to try to get the Cell

Phone and a first batch of flyers.  Not fast enough.  Too damn late.  Spent too much time out there

goofing off and  fucking around that i let slip through my hands the time itself, and resources necessary

to assist my friend who needed me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCOUNTER - SHADOWS AND CAPED CRUSADERS

The Nexus Key

Oliver C. Mattson and Robbie Rist RE-start A Production Company