Reasons why I really didn't like 8th Grade after Moving to Lake County

In summer Of 1989, before moving to Lake County CA. when we were still living my mom and I were living in Ukiah, we went to Los Angeles to visit friends and family.  While down thee, we went to Burbank.  While in Burbank, I entered a building with a bunch of animation studios walked my self right through the door of DIC Animation City.  I told the receptionist that I would like to begin doing voice overs for some of their fine series available, that I was a huge fan.  The lady called someone from an office.  Two people came to reception area.  The people came out and asked me what I did.  I told them about my screen stuff and about the acting classes I was taking, an that I wanted to be in cartoons so badly.  My friends and classmates all had told me that with the weird voices I did and cartoon voices that I did to distract bullies, make people laugh, and make girls smile., that I had "something", and that I should be in Cartoons and on TV.  I told the suits this, and they asked me if I could do a few voices for them, right there, right then, cold.  I got tense, told them i needed some air and be right back.  They said cool.  I jogged downstairs and outside to smoke about a third of a cigarette and calm my panicked nerves.  I relaxed, went back up using the elevator and sat down.  I did a "Spot On" (according to them) improv of "Slimer", from "Real Ghostbusters", and some "Heathcliff", characters, while I had a chance to talk to them.  They asked if I did any "On Camera", stuff, and I told them about Romper Room, and the plays I did.  I was given smiles, and a positive visit with these executives, and they gave me Business Cards, to call when I was done with my classes, and had a "B" or above...  "we'll talk".

(STORY BREAK SEGUE WAY  / WENT TO WARNER BROS Animation, Went to Warner TV / Film Lot, GOT caught walking around by Security, Got 1st mug Shot, Crying....  between summer and moving to lake county, I saw "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", went to  a cool school called "The New School", had a blast in mendocino county.  I told my Mom i was scared to move to Lake County because I was scared of everything getting messed up.    I was on the cusp of teenagedumb, and was comfy in Ukiah.  People knew me, and I knew them, I had a few friends, a few crushes, a local arcade, and a place to rent NES games from within walking distance of the apartment.  I just got a new bike, and was doing well in classwork, my confidence and stability, i guess....  were pretty good back then.  Interesting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCOUNTER - SHADOWS AND CAPED CRUSADERS

The Nexus Key

Oliver C. Mattson and Robbie Rist RE-start A Production Company