bye bye old highway

gimme a new highway, i don't like the old one
that i had all of these shady days run,
wait for it, i'm sure it'll come,
just as sure as the rising sun

i do not want to be around, to be the one I used to look down,
for having that hunger, and having that thirst,

for turning my best days into my worst,

so where is my golden sunset, and is the movie even over yet?
or has the stage just been set for the baddest sequence in the whole world yet?

Hey hey director,
that close up i'm ready for
my face is clearner and it's meaner but's nicer than it's been before.

you see i was so lost i didn't even know
you see i was so lost that
i was so lost that
i don't even know what the hell i was SO LOST for


i do not want to be around, to be the one I used to look down,
for having that hunger, I WILL NOT FROWN


and i know i burnt bridges, i burnt towers, i've burned out forests and brought ashes to moutains

i do not want to be denied, and i do not want to be turned down and when the sky shines upon all us all
...

shine upon us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE ENCOUNTER - SHADOWS AND CAPED CRUSADERS

The Nexus Key

Oliver C. Mattson and Robbie Rist RE-start A Production Company